We enhance lives by providing quality care and self-sustainable
Director of Operations
Mountain View Seniors’ Housing (MVSH) Administration Office in Olds, AB
THE OPPORTUNITY – MVSH has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Operations (MVSH 01 – Director) to oversee and support the day-to-day operations of all MVSH programs, contributing to the organization’s strategic and operational objectives. The Director of Operations is a hands-on role, accountable for the operations of all aspects of program delivery including (but not limited to) resident/ tenant relations, employee and labour relations, operating budgets, and overall legislative and policy compliance. A member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Director of Operations reports to the Chief Administrative Officer.
LOCATION – MVSH is a non-profit organization and registered charity with its administration office located in the progressive town of Olds, AB. Located between Calgary, AB and Red Deer, AB, Olds offers the amenities of a city while maintaining its small-town charm. Olds is a gateway to Alberta’s tourism hotspots with convenient access to the foothills, Rockies, rivers and parks.
· Provides leadership to direct reports and supporting roles.
· Works with the executive team to collaborate and support discussions and to formulate ideas to build the long-term strategic plan.
· Responsible for the development and execution of operational plans in alignment with MVSH strategy, mission, vision, and values. This includes development and implementation of successful strategies regarding staffing/volunteer levels (recruitment/ retention), vacancy management and responses to resident/ tenant needs, and expense control to ensure quality services.
· Uses critical thinking and problem-solving skills to make operational decisions taking into account best interests for the organization, staff and residents/ tenants. Identifies and evaluates associated risks and discusses strategies to mitigate/ manage the risk, with the CAO when appropriate.
· Makes decisions on behalf of and represents MVSH related to grievances, settlements, severance arrangements, and other legal issues.
· Develops, in collaboration with the CAO and Controller, operational budgets within a cost per resident day model (lodges/ life lease) and ensures all programs operate within approved budget.
· Develops process standards within the programs to ensure a financially responsible expense model, including site-based supply ordering.
· Monitors operations to established standards, policies and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
· Develops, implements and revises MVSH operating policies and procedures for CAO approval to maintain legal and audit standards compliance. Oversees any audit plans/ accountabilities as identified.
· Provides support/ coverage to programs/ sites in absence of the manager.
· A post-secondary education in Business or a related field such as human services or not-for-profit management and a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role with related industry background (supportive living and housing), preferably in a unionized environment and experience leading/ coaching employees in a non-profit setting. Equivalencies may be considered.
· Working knowledge of all federal and provincial legislation applicable to the industry within which MVSH operates including accommodation standards and employment-related legislation.
· Excellent critical thinking skills with demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, decision-making, leadership development, active listening and feedback skills with a focus on mentoring and motivating employees, and an ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Understanding of business functions such as but not limited to finance, marketing, information technology, human resources, and a strong business acumen with experience setting/ meeting targets as related to job functions.
· Strong knowledge of and an ability to understand operational detail.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint), Internet Explorer, Adobe and people management software.
· Must have a clear and current criminal record check.
· All MVSH employees are required to be fully immunized against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
SALARY & BENEFITS – A competitive compensation package will be provided including an attractive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.
TO APPLY – This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please submit your resume for posting MVSH 01