The Town of Didsbury is looking for a permanent, full-time Maintenace Operator. Under the direction of the Public Works Foreman, this position is responsible primarily for the maintenance of one or more of the following activities: building and grounds maintenance, as well as the maintenance of streets, sidewalks and utility tasks.
The ideal candidate must enjoy working outside, able to perform general labour tasks and have the desire to learn and work within water and wastewater operations. The ability to operator a variety of small tools and pieces of equipment is also required. Must be able to work in a team setting as well as independently. This position will be required to participate in rotations of being available on an on-call schedule.
· Strong work ethic and problem solving skills
· Willingness to learn new skills
· Ability to perform physical labour in a variety of weather conditions
· Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
· Clean Class 5 Alberta driver’s license
· Clean Criminal record check
· Municipal experience and/or experience working in construction or equivalent field
· Q endorsement on driver’s license
· First aid/ CPR
Hours: 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday, weekend, evening and holiday work will apply
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate found
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity, you are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting Competition 23-12 to:
Town of Didsbury, Manager of Human Resources
Box 790, Didsbury, Alberta, T0M 0W0
Telephone: 403.335.7366 | Fax: 403.335.9794
To learn more about the Town of Didsbury,please visit us at www.didsbury.ca.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted