West-Can Seal Coating Inc. is a fourth generation family owned road construction company specializing in the preservation of asphalt roads in Western Canada. We have been improving the quality of Western Canadian roads since 1986 and its people like you that make us a success!
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our every growing team. Currently however our focus is on finding experienced Road Construction Foremen with a drive to achieve the very best in all that they do.
What will it take to be the successful candidate who will join the leading pavement preservation company in Western Canada?
– Have previous experience leading and mentoring a crew of 15-30 which consists of drivers, operators, labourers and traffic controllers
– Instruct your crew on daily activities and follow up to ensure quality and workmanship standards are met
– Meet production goals and run-times while maintaining a forward thinking mindset
– Complete production reports, material ordered and time logs daily with a high level of accuracy
– Keep a detailed record of daily events, communications, weather, delays, equipment issues, employee issues, etc.
– Develop and maintain working relationships with customers, consultants, employees, suppliers, colleagues and management
– Develop field related policies and standard operating procedures
– Maintain a clean and organized work environment with a strict adherence to company equipment and fleet maintenance.
Focusing on Workplace Safety…
– Comply with West-Can and Local OH&S regulations
– Monitor and enforce employee compliance with West-Can and OH&S regulations
– Increase overall Health, Safety and Environmental awareness through pro-active approaches
– Hold regular tool-box talks and communicate companywide safety bulletins
– Ensure all incidents (near misses, property damage, injuries, environmental, lost time, etc.) are reported and related documentation filled out before the end of the shift.
What you’re great at…
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong leadership and mentoring abilities
– Able to work extended hours away from home in a variety of weather conditions
– Work with limited supervision
– Work under pressure while exercising sound judgement and a concern for safety.
You’re educated and experienced…
– Experience in a supervisory role
– Bachelor’s Degree – Civil Engineer
– Current Class 5 Driver’s License or better (1 or 3) with a clean abstract
– Competent with Microsoft Office
– Operational knowledge of equipment and tools used for the job
– Post-Secondary education in related fields considered an asset
– Experience with construction software (ex. Viewpoint or similar) considered an asset.
What we do for you…
– Give you the opportunity to see parts of Canada you may not have known existed
– Competitive pay with benefits and an RRSP program…you know you want to retire!
– A fantastic group of people to work with
– Training…to ensure you’re always at your very best
We get a TON of resumes everyday…
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and provide us with a Driver’s Abstract as a condition of employment.
Looking forward to hearing from you!